Describe your dish here. This bit is the brief excerpt that appears on the “Recipes & Links” page.
Baked Chicken & Sweet Potato with Chickpeas:
A delicious .. / sumptuous... (describe your dish here)
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 377
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 42g
Saturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 21g
Total Carbohydrates 100g
Dietary Fiber 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 red onions, halved, cut into thick wedges
- 600g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 4 tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 (about 620g) chicken thigh fillets
- 240g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Preheat oven to 220ºC. Combine the onion, sweet potato, tomato, garlic and half the oil in a bowl. Transfer to large baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Add the chicken to the tray and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add chickpeas and parsley. Toss until heated through.
- Great Tip: Serve with Sweet Chilli Jam OR Something else similar goes here.
Oceanus274 : Catering & Victualling Management http://oceanus247.com/