A mouth watering dish from South of India
A Mouth watering dish from South of India
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 55g
Dietary Fiber 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- A )
- 1. Chicken - medium size pieces - 1 kg
- 2. Chopped Ginger - 2 piece
- 3. Garlic - 10 to 12 cloves
- 4. 1 large Onion chopped
- 5. Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- 6. 2 to 3 medium size tomatoes chopped
- 7. Red chili powder- 3/4 tsp
- 8. Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- 9. Lemon juice- 1.5 to 2 tsp
- 10. Coriander leaves chopped- 2 tbsp
- 11. Black pepper powder- to taste( optional )
- 12. Salt- to taste
- 13. Oil- as required
- 14. Water- as required
B) Ingredient to roast and grind
- 1. Grated coconut- 1.5 cups
- 2. Dry red chilies -3 to 4 nos
- 3. Poppy seeds / Khus khus- 2 tsp
- 4. Coriander seeds- 1 tsp
- 5. Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- 6. Cardamom - 3 nos
- 7. Cloves-2 nos
- 8. Cinnamon- 1" piece
- 9. Star anise- 1/2 of a small
- 10. Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- * Heat oil in pan, add all ingredients mentioned in point B) - Ingredients to Roast & Grind, stirring continuously on medium flame until it turns golden brown then add ginger & garlic to this and later grind it to form a smooth paste.
- * Heat oil in a pan add onion and saute till golden brown.
- * Add Curry leaves and the masala paste, saute for few minutes more.
- * Then add Tomato, chili powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste, mix well and cook for another
- 2-3 minutes.
- * Add chicken pieces and mix well, cook for another 5 minutes and add 2 cups of water and the lemon juice. Cover the pan with lid and cook until the chicken in done and gravy turns thick.
- * Add black pepper powder (only if you want is more spicy as it is optional) and mix well .
- * Switch off the stove and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with steamed rice / chapati (indian bread) / roti (indian bread)
- If you want it spicy, can use 1 tsp of red chili powder instead of 3/4 tsp and `6-8 pieces of dried red chili.
Oceanus274 : Catering & Victualling Management http://oceanus247.com/