This delicacy is famous in South Asia mainly within the Indian Subcontinent Region… (Description that appears within the excerpt area – where all posts appear!)
Lentil & Cauliflower Dahl
Describe it in full here...
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 110g
Dietary Fiber 41g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons medium-hot Indian curry paste
- 1 cup (200g) dried red lentils
- 3 cups (750ml) vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 500g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped coriander leaves, plus extra chopped coriander to garnish
- Natural yoghurt and naan bread, to serve.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and curry paste, then cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add lentils and stir well to coat. Add stock and tomato paste, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Return heat to medium, add cauliflower and simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add peas for final 2 minutes, then stir in coriander. Serve the curry with yoghurt and naan, garnished with extra coriander.
- Great Tip: Best served with saffron basmati rice.
Oceanus274 : Catering & Victualling Management http://oceanus247.com/